ACARS Demod preview

ADS-B, ACARS, VOR, ILS, Airband AM
srcejon

Re: ACARS Demod preview

Post by srcejon »

Just working on a Frequency Scanner, then will get back to ACARS.
g0hdi

Post by g0hdi »

Ok, thanks for that 73 Brian
srcejon

Post by srcejon »

Finally having another look at this. Have a few ideas how to improve performance.
Brijill

Post by Brijill »

Looking forward to your release of acars demodulator that I can run on my Linux Mint machine. Meanwhile I have tried to run the preview version ( Page4 4th message down) ) using wine and bottles with no success. Wonder if you have any idear as to why I can't do so. Thanks. 73 Brian (g0hdi)
srcejon

Post by srcejon »

Brijill wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:52 am Looking forward to your release of acars demodulator that I can run on my Linux Mint machine. Meanwhile I have tried to run the preview version ( Page4 4th message down) ) using wine and bottles with no success. Wonder if you have any idear as to why I can't do so. Thanks. 73 Brian (g0hdi)
No idea - just have to wait, I'm afriad.

Have taken a bit of a detour trying to get the data for a waypoints database, so we can plot routes in ACARS messages. E.g. here's an oceanic clearance:

AcarsRoute.png
AcarsRoute.png (757.36 KiB) Viewed 634 times
Brijill

Post by Brijill »

That looks very interesting.. Probably more exiting than adsb in a way. Just when I changed my antenna back to the 1090 MHz 1/4 wave. My ladder is on stand by lol. Cheers for the info. Brian