Frequency Scanner

ADS-B, ACARS, VOR, ILS, Airband AM
srcejon

Re: Frequency Scanner

Post by srcejon »

Do you have another demod that is hidden? It's Id should be R0:0.

You can press the second button from the right on the bottom of the device window to show hidden demods.
Axel

Post by Axel »

Weirdly enough I had an FM demodulator lurking in the background. It's been deleted now.

Thank you for the solution.

Will keep you posted.
Axel

Post by Axel »

A few more observations.

All my previous tests were done using an RSP1A from SDRPlay. I have switched back to the RTL-SDR Ver 3 and it's obvious that getting the settings right on the RTL-SDR dongle is far less tricky than on the RSP1A. I have now managed to get the scanner to work quite reliably and it performs fine except on weaker signals. I believe the performance can be improved with further tweaking but at the cost of distorted sound on very strong signals.

I take it that the particular architecture of the RSP1A makes it very challenging to tweak the reception parameters from within SDRAngel. In that respect their in-house SDRConnect is very good but is still in a "preview" mode, ie no memory banks, no scanning.
Axel

Post by Axel »

Very happy to report that V 7.18.0 works nicely with RSP1A with the latest SDRPlay API installed (V 3.14) on OSX Sonoma 14.3.1 M2 chip :D